Business marketing has changed in this crazy world of social media. We speak in tweets, text-talk, symbols, emojis and memes. No one seems to have time to read proper words and take it all in anymore.
That’s why we have to stay clear and to the point whenever we write. Whether it’s directly to customers about important issues or to a wider audience on social media, using plain English is vital for getting your message across clearly.
This popular half-day session will have you writing more effectively by lunchtime! You’ll improve your writing style while gaining all the skills you need to shorten text for web content, blogs and tweets.
By the end of the session you’ll be able to:
- Stay professional but be friendlier – especially on social media.
- Avoid jargon and waffle – get right to the point.
- Cut out unnecessary words – perfect for Twitter.
- Rephrase complicated sentences – vital for social media content, blogs, tweets and posts.
- Know the difference between the active and passive voices – and choose the right one.
- be more understandable for your clients – crystal clear transparency for fantastic customer service.
- Be appropriate for the medium – letters, emails, website content, social media – great for improving quality standards – no ambiguity
You can book your session for personalised 121 coaching or we can run a workshop for a team of up to ten people in your workplace.
Our lively interactive training is great for teams of up to ten people, and encourages everyone to take part fully. We’ll discuss your training objectives with you beforehand to make sure you get a training package that meets your company’s needs. If you like, we can also evaluate participants’ writing skills before and after training and provide individual and confidential feedback.
The cost of this in-house group session is £500 for up to ten people. Book two sessions for one day and we’ll knock off 10%!
If you’d like to see your team communicate better in business and on social media, please email email@example.com, or call or text me on 07875 059540.
Or…. if you’re in a real hurry to get some quick tips…
Plain English in an Hour
A short sharp whizz through the principles of using plain English for effective communication. This one-hour coaching session via Zoom will help you write clearer emails, letters, blogs, social media posts and tweets – avoiding jargon and waffle, cutting out unnecessary words and rephrasing complicated sentences with ease.
By the end of the hour you’ll be able to:
- write better sentences for social media and marketing reasons
- use the active and passive voice appropriately
- use lists effectively
- choose short, familiar words and phrases
- use clear verbs with confidence.
I’d love to work with you, so, if you’re ready to write more effectively, please email info@ImaginativeTraining.com, or call or text me on 07875 059540.
- Power Hour Zoom coaching session (LinkedIn, all social media platforms, plain English): £125
- LinkedIn profile review: £125
- Social media health check: £150
- Multi-platform profile set-up: £250
- Half-day bespoke one-to-one training session: £300
- Half-day group training session: £450
- Full-day one-to-one social media training session: £750
- Full-day team social media training session: £850
- Preparation of your social media strategy: £500
Once I receive your booking I’ll get in touch to arrange a date. Or, if you prefer, we can agree this before you book… Simply whizz off an email to info@ImaginativeTraining.com.