Tomorrow is International Women’s Day, a global celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. This year’s theme of #EmbraceEquity, aims to “get the world talking about Why equal opportunities aren’t enough. People start from different places, so true inclusion and belonging require equitable action.”
This is a great opportunity to celebrate and recognise the achievements and contributions of women around the world – starting with those you know!
Here are a few of the ways you can make the most of International Women’s Day 2023 on social media:
- Share inspiring stories of women who have made an impact in your life or in the world. This can include women from your personal life, historical figures or current leaders in various fields.
- Use the official hashtags for International Women’s Day 2023, such as #IWD2023, #InternationalWomensDay, or ##EmbraceEquity. This will help your posts reach a wider audience and connect with others who are celebrating the day.
- Share statistics and facts about gender inequality and the progress that has been made towards gender equity. This can help raise awareness and promote advocacy for gender equality.
- Share resources and information about organisations and initiatives that work to empower women and advance gender equality. This can include women’s rights organizations, charities, or other groups that support gender equity.
- Amplify the voices of women by sharing their work and promoting their projects or businesses. This can include sharing their social media accounts, blog posts, or other content that showcases their talents and contributions.
Remember that International Women’s Day is a day to
celebrate women and support gender equality. By using social media to spread
awareness and promote gender equity, you can help make a difference in the lives
of women around the world.